Feel Good Mothers Day Gifts
Each year, we dedicate one day to celebrate the amazing and hardworking mothers in our lives. Mother’s Day is quickly approaching, and you likely know at least one wonderful mom in your life that deserves the very best. Flowers and chocolates are great, but flowers wilt and chocolates only last on the hips. This year, give that special woman in your life something that lasts, and something that truly shows you care about her: the gift of health, fitness and well-being.
The gift of health in priceless- but that doesn’t mean it has to be expensive! Here are a few ideas to show the moms in your life that you truly appreciate them.
• Prepare a healthy, homemade brunch. If a lazy breakfast is your family’s style, treat mom to a spread of fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs and other healthier breakfast options.
• An active outing on Mother’s Day. Plan to go for a walk, hike or bike ride with the entire family. A great event for the whole family is the Envision Run for Mom. This Mother’s Day celebration and fundraising event supports programs for women and children at Chilliwack General Hospital.
• A homemade coupon book for active outings. You can include coupons for hikes, bike rides, trips to the swimming pool, or coupons to try a new fitness class together.
• A book of healthy recipes to make together. To make a more personal gift, create your own recipe book full of nutritious recipes you have made before.
• Flowers or seeds you can plant outside. Not only will the flowers last longer than cut flowers, you and mom can also spend time in the garden together.
• A certificate to the spa. An hour of relaxation will help mom unwind, de-stress and feel great!
• A membership to a gym or fitness program. If mom has been talking about wanting to get started in fitness, a membership can help get her started.
• A tune-up for mom’s bike. You know- that bike that has been sitting in the shed since you lost the training wheels.
• Cool running shoes or a new workout top. If mom hits the trail, she’ll love to sport some new gear!
• A few sessions with a personal trainer. A knowledgeable trainer will start mom in the right direction, and make her more accountable to staying on track with her fitness regime.
No matter how big or small your budget is, this Mother’s Day, show your mom that you care about her by giving her the gift of health, fitness and well-being. Your thoughtful gift may be all the motivation she needs to devote some of her time to take care of herself.