Baby Shower Gift Ideas – Tips For Choosing a Gift For a Picky Mom
Buying baby gift items can be fun. However, there are cases wherein the mom is so picky so you need to be extra careful in choosing baby shower gifts. Do not worry because in this article, you will learn various tips in choosing gifts for a meticulous mom and you will get to learn some examples of baby presents too.
1. Refer to a baby shower gift registry – Most picky moms register the gifts that they want for their babies at a popular shop. This is also a way of giving easy time for the guests. Of course, you cannot be wrong in buying a gift from the list that the mom-to-be created, right? Therefore, if you know that the mother is meticulous then you might as well look for a “baby shower gift registry” first. You can ask the baby shower host or even the parents-to-be if there is a list then study it carefully and see what you can buy from there. This will definitely save a lot of your time and the best thing is that you are sure that the mom will love your gift.
2. Buy books, CDs or DVDs for the baby – Any mom will surely appreciate to receive gifts like lullaby CDs or DVDs for the baby. These are useful items because they do not only stop a baby from crying, but are also good for the brain development of the baby. It would be a great choice to pick classic baby lullabies, baby books or educational DVDs as baby shower gifts.
3. Give disposable diapers – This gift may not look very fancy and presentable but you cannot deny the fact that diaper is one of the necessities of babies. Disposable diapers can be expensive and the baby will just use it for couple of hours. Can you imagine the “hassle” of buying diapers every so often? So help the parents-to-be by giving disposable diapers as your gifts. However, if you have no knowledge about diapers yet, it is advisable that you do some research about what brands are most comfortable for the infants.
4. Buy feeding bottles and pacifiers – The mom might be breastfeeding the baby for the first few months but for sure, she will need supply of feeding bottles eventually. This is another necessity for the babies, which makes it an ideal gift.
5. Consider Gift Certificates – if you cannot really think of a gift that the mom-to-be would love then you might want to consider giving gift certificates. This will allow the mother to pick the gifts that she might want for her baby.
Baby shower is definitely a joyous event so do not let the “meticulous” attitude of the mother bother you. If you will spend time on thinking the best baby shower gift then there is no way that the mom-to-be will not like it. You might as well consider browsing the net or magazines to see for the latest baby items that are hot in the market.